ONLINE Trauma Training for Mental Health Professionals and Community Workers
TI-107: Compassion Fatigue Resiliency – Educator
In this Brief Compassion Fatigue Resiliency Program you will learn about the impact of Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Traumatic Stress, Burnout and other related stress responses on care providers. Covered in this brief overview are self-reflection exercises, links to Compassion Fatigue self-evaluation protocols and resiliency building strategies. Participants will have the chance to win a copy of our Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery Self-Care audio recording download.
Who would benefit from participation?
This course will benefit professionals, para-professionals, mental health practitioners, emergency responders, medical staff, legal professionals, Red Cross members, those working in Victim Services and others who work to provide services for those who have experienced trauma, serious injury or illness. When we are exposed secondarily to anothers traumatic stress we can feel overwhelmed as a result of our care giving work. This course is beneficial to anyone who requires an understanding of the issues of Compassion Fatigue and Burnout, as well as to those who directly supervise front line workers.
- Gain an Overview of Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Traumatic Stress, Burnout & Stress reaction
- Review relevant literature in the area of Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Traumatization, Burnout & Secondary Trauma Response
- Be exposed to self-evaluation materials for self-reflection or referral to others
- Identify Compassion Fatigue responses and related difficulties
- Identify key approaches and strategies for addressing Compassion Fatigue and related stressors
- Understand the proposed and theoretical “active ingredients” to effective Compassion Fatigue care
- Reflect on effective tools for self-care
Participants will not be required to completed any quizzes or examinations for this entry level program. A Certificate of Completion for the course will be provided at the end of the program.
Canadian $29.95 plus applicable taxes. Students will have 160 days access to this course.
Required course readings:
There are no required course readings for this entry level program.
This is an entry level program and is open to all participants.
This stand-alone Brief Compassion Fatigue Resiliency Program is a course offering for those wishing basic level training in Compassion Fatigue. The materials are an overview and are not meant to replace therapy when that is required.