ONLINE Trauma Training for Mental Health Professionals and Community Workers
TI-601 TeleMental Health Intro
This TeleMental Health Introductory Certificate Program will provide you with a primer of the industry. Dr. Marlene Maheu and Dr. Anna Baranowsky collaborate on this program to offer you a basic skills development program to begin your work offering care in a secure online platform. Dr. Maheu is the director of the well-established TeleHealth Institute and has been educating professionals in the field prepare for skilled online service delivery. You will learn about relevant definitions, legal concerns, HIPAA compliance, conducting care online and delivery options that will aid you in your first steps toward secure online meetings. Learn Telehealth basics and begin your online practice with a sense of confidence and competence.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM PARTICIPATION?
This certificate will benefit health and mental health practitioners ready to learn to use online system delivery to meet with their patients/clients. This entry level program can benefit anyone wishing to meet through an online system with those they provide services for.
- • Learn to engage patients/clients safely in this introductory TeleMental Health program
- • Recognize the potential benefits and risks of working with others through an online portal
- • Differentiate secure communication systems and those that could breach confidentiality
- • Define key concepts in TeleHealth or TeleMental Health
- • Learn about the benefits of bridging the care gap using online systems for those unable to attending in-person meetings
- • Understand best-practice strategies in TeleMental Health
- • Learn about HIPPA Compliance
- • Integrate new approaches for system delivery and broaden your care reach
Students are required to complete all sections and assignments / quizzes in order to successfully complete this program.
Canadian $52.95 plus applicable taxes. Students will have 160 days access to this course.
REQUIRED COURSE READINGS:
TeleMental Health Introductory Training program (Manual for Course TI-601)